• ‘Watching Elizabeth Eating: power and the politics of penetration’ in Suzanne Scholz, Daniel Dornhofer, eds, Spectatorship at the Elizabethan Court (Vittorio Klostermann, Frankfurt, 2013) pp.22-45.
• ‘“The skull beneath the skin”: Women and Self-Starvation on the Renaissance Stage’ in Shakespeare Jahrbuch (Deutsche Shakespeare-Gesellschaft, 145/2009) pp.106-123.
• ‘Fisting and feasting, or metamorphosis by the mouthful: food, sex, power and the female body in the erotic fiction of Pat Califia’ in STET ( journal published by Kings College London), June 2012.
• Review of A Woman Killed With Kindness (directed by Katie Mitchell for the National Theatre) in Shakespeare, Vol 8, Issue 1, April 2012, pp. 92-95.
• ‘Elizabeth Eating (or not): food and the body as means of communication’, Royal Bodies conference, Royal Holloway, 2-4 April 2012.
• ‘Katherine Grey’, ‘Jane Lumley’, ‘Margaret Radcliffe’, in Carole Levin, Anna Bertolet, eds, Encyclopaedia of Early Modern Englishwomen, forthcoming from Ashgate, submitted June 2011.
• Review of Joan Fitzpatrick’s Shakespeare and the Language of Food in Times Literary Supplement, 24th March 2011.
• ‘What’s a play without a woman in it?’: review of Thomas Kyd’s The Spanish Tragedy(directed by Mitchell Moreno for Doublethink) at the Arcola Theatre, Hackney, October 2009) in Shakespeare, Vol 6, Issue 2, June 2010, pp.267-270.
• ‘Fisting and Feasting: femininity, desire, and the iconography of the female body in hardcore BDSM pornography,’ at (Image)ining the Female Body conference, University of Sussex, October 29th 2010.
• ‘Women and self-starvation: materialising the spiritual’ at Society for Renaissance Studies conference, York, 16-18 July 2010.
• ‘Entering Elizabeth’ in Assuming Gender (online journal published by the University of Cardiff), Vol 1, Issue 1, Spring 2010.
• ‘Trouble With Jane’, review of Leanda de Lisle, The Sisters Who Would Be Queen, in Times Literary Supplement , May 22nd 2009, p.10.
• ‘Owain and Catherine’, review of Vanora Bennet, Blood Royal, in Times Literary Supplement July 3rd 2009, p.21.
• Review of Sarah Dunant’s Sacred Heart in Times Literary Supplement, August 7th 2009, p.25.
• Review of Thomas Middleton's The Revenger's Tragedy (directed by Melly Still) at the National Theatre, London, 2008, in Shakespeare, Vol 4, Issue 4, Dec. 2008, pp.425 – 428.
• Review of Thomas Dekker and John Webster's Westward Ho (directed by Andrea Kantor for Paper and String) at the White Bear Theatre Club, London, April 2008, in Shakespeare,Vol 4, Issue 3, Sept. 2008, pp.332-335.
• ‘Microserfs’ in Encyclopaedia of Contemporary Writers and their Work, Geoff Hamilton, Brain Jones, eds (New York, Facts on File, 2010).
• ‘Daughters, Defiance and Death: Jane Lumley and Euripides’s ‘Iphigenia,’” in genre: Women, Sexuality, and Early Modern Studies, CSULB, vol 28, 2008, pp.109-125.
All content © Sasha Garwood. Design © Depear.